Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 26 of the Phase 4 Challenge: Where there are 96 Days to Go and In Which I'm Feeling Lethargic...then don't feel lethargic and laugh and walk my way back to ENERGIZED!

Scale: 226.2

Whoa. Almost a pound down from yesterday....

I slept a lot. Eleven hours. I started feeling that little lethargy come in yesterday and it hit today. I go through those cycles. I will need to check my blood pressure to make sure that going back to less sodium hasn't plunked my pressure too low again. I did get woozy once yesterday.

Had only two meals yesterday (hit the sack and skipped dinner). I bought extra nice ingredients to add the to quality of my food. Breakfast was a Greek Omelette--2 eggs, egg whites, oregano, Mt. Vikos gourmet barrel-aged feta, a cup of cooked organic spinach, java, water. So good. It was only an ounce of the feta, but it was so tasty. Lots and lots of oregano. Mmmm. Crisp graps on the side.

Lunch/DinnerWhatever: Rotisserie chicken breast to which I added some spices, beautiful fresh asparagus sauteed in minimal EVOO with garlic, artichoke hearts with lemon juice and garlic. Cantaloupe and raspberries on the side.  I had a square of dark, sugar-free chocolate as a treat.

Since I didn't have my usual yogurt, I took calcium supplements, and magnesium.

Really delicious. I so enjoyed my food yesterday. The 866 calories tasted like a lot more, I can tell you, just by having spices and those quality and fresh ingredients, so many colors and bursting flavors. I was happy. Yum.

Hope the mango I got is good. I want to have it later for dessert.

A cold front came in yesterday, and the walk was pleasant with the cool win in my face.

I have no appetite right now. None. But I'm gonna go make a meal and hope that spurs the salivary juices.

Allan's email told us that there are 96 days left in this challenge phase. It feels like a long time...more than 3 months....but it will pass as quickly as this month has been passing. It's gonna pass ANYWAY, so might as well let it pass healthfully and end up trimmer.

I've slacked with the strength exercises. No excuses. Just have. It's on the agenda for today, but feel free to kick my butt over it. The lethargy took over....

Happy Friday, folks. Feel the freedom from fat coming? It's already partly here, right, but it's coming!

Update: Lethary has moved on. The walk helped oodles. The stairs...well, only made it to the third one though the pace was relatively fast. I got woozy. Getting cool in Miami and I love it!  Talked to my health insurance nurse (they check on me every 2 months), and she said I sounded great, upbeat, motivated and happy. I realize that I keep hearing this lately. I keep being told I look good, smile a lot, look happy and energetic. Hubby came into the kitchen yesterday, from where he was noshing in the living room, setting up our evening's anime streaming, as I was fixing my second meal,  and said, "I love hearing you laugh." He hugged me and was grinning. Yep...I was laughing in the kitchen. I've been laughing a lot. Even over the phone, the nurse sensed my joy. :D  I would not trade a binge for this. This is amazing, feeling like this.  While walking, the UPS guy shouted, "Looking good!" I've been getting some, um, male looks on my walk. Maybe I am looking good....maybe? ; )

7 comments:

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Happy Friday to you too. Princess. :)

Nicole said...

"It's gonna pass ANYWAY, so might as well let it pass healthfully and end up trimmer."

Truth! Every summer I wish I was in better shape. This year I'm actually doing something about it.

I do envy your lack of appetite though! :)

Chubby McGee said...

OMG...that omelet sounded sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

Cheers on your progress! You're doing such an amazing job: lethargy or not. :)

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I know what you mean about getting used to smaller amount of calories. It gets a LOT easier. Good for you! Keep it up!

Patrick said...

Sounds like you are doing great with the food; tasty food helps the mission ten fold. Have a great weekend!

Diandra said...

Looking happy is more important than looking underfed, no matter what the media shows us... keep doing your exercise, and you will be even more beautiful than you are today!

Beth said...

Yay! Lookin' goooooood. Enjoy the energy and the health that comes, and the laughter. So very very inspiring to read. 96 days is do-able, definitely.

You, Miss Thang, are in the top success stories of the challenge. You are knockin' em dead.

Have a great Saturday.