Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Award for "Self-analytical Blog Post that Made My Heart Fire Up and a Light Bulb Flash Today" Goes To....

Obesity Strike for THIS post that ends with this:

*Let's face it, kids, the food does, absolutely, soothe and calm and provide relief. It is an anxiolytic. It also provides escape and entertainment. And it's readily available, inexpensive and socially acceptable. Hell, if it didn't make me feel better and if it wasn't pleasurable, then it wouldn't be a fucking battle to reign that shit in.

It's a rawly honest post examining a startling weight regain, emotional meltdown, and epiphany that changed a fundamental philosophy. I was rivetted.

It even scared me a bit.

It reminded me of something similar in my life--twice--that led to my morbid obesity Not a trifecta like hers, but well, I know what being in THAT place feels like. I know the depression that leads to food-stuffing. I know the sense of unfairness that made me wail daily for almost a year about how I did not deserve what was happening. I don't know about this blogger, but I was really, really close to ending it. I was suicidal--and not just in the form of bingeing.

It's potent, that post.

You should read it.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Gosh, thank you, I don't know what to say. You are too kind and your words bring tears to my eyes, it's a relief to hear that I am not alone in my experience. I am so so glad to read that you made through those dark times in your own life and are on the other side. We can do this together.

Jesus Living Daily said...

Your right, it was a powerful blog. I could easily relate to so much of it, especially the point of accepting (truly accepting) life for what is is versus what we thought it should be. Accept it with all it challenges, flaws and other negative things we think of and deal with it is a non-destructive manner...