Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Just Ten" Challenge: Where Would A "Just Ten" Pound Loss Take You?

 691 days, 5 hours, and 93.2 lbs to go...


I just signed up for the "Just Ten" Challenge, since I need something shorter term to focus on besides the weekly weigh-in goal. I'm getting lax in the evenings with no excuse other than it's just easy for me to "just eat one more" at night. I always was a night binger. I haven't binged this week. I've just had too many "just one more" at supper or with my evening snack--be it a bit more chicken, a bit more yogurt, a bit more protein biscotti, a bit more coconut water, a bit more stuffed cabbage, another bag of high-protein pretzels, a couple spoonfuls more of peanut butter.

I gave the info for the free lil rubbery looking bracelet, the blue one with Dr. Oz and Just Ten (at least, I think it says "Just Ten").

Where would losing "Just Ten" leave you? For me, out of the morbidly obese category for sure. For me, in a new "decade" weight-wise. For me, down another half-size to a size. For me, with lower blood pressure and likely much nicer LDL numbers.

When one has nearly a hundred pounds (or more than a hundred pounds) to lose, "ten" sounds like such a puny number. But that's the wrong way to look at it. It's better to focus on what good that small (relative) loss will do for one's body appearance, lab numbers, waist measurement, and motivation.

It's worth it to lose "Just Ten." For a whole lotta reasons. Which are yours?

2 comments:

Jesus Living Daily said...

Love the idea and will follow this as well but disappointed the bracelet can only be shipped in the US :(

Kimberly said...

This is a great idea. 10 lbs is a small step on the way to goal. And it is way easier to focus on 10 lbs vs. 200 lbs.

10 lbs would get me into a new decade and most of the way to another decade to boot. It would let me fit into my gray pants that are just a tad smaller than my other size 20s (I think they are really a size 18s with a size 20 tag).