Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 3 Double Dog Dare Challenge: scale, water, calories, and whatever else

WI:  251.2

(Starting weight was 252.4, yesterday was 251.8)

I didn't have my late night snack, so I was under the 1760 allotted calories yesterday. 1646 total for Tuesday.

I'm real happy with that. It's normally crazy hard for me to stay under 1800, and under 1700 is RARE, and I mean RARE for me in the last 3 years of blogging for weight loss. So, yes, this is nice. I always do have a hard time with water, so having this challenge prod me to guzzle, guzzle, guzzle is helpful. (I hate the constant bathroom runs, though. Yikes!)

I went to bed late (4:30 AM) and just got up about 40 mins ago and have not had BKFST. I'm off to take care of that. But I wanted to open this entry to log my day's intake.

Hope the other "challengers" are doing super!

BREAKFAST:

WS Hot cakes and sugar free syrup
Papaya , 1/2 cup
Coffee
Water, 4 glasses

calories for bkfst:  258

Snack: (Note: Interestingly, despite a small breakfast, I had to force myself, cause I wasn't hungry; but was about to do errands and didn't want to have temptation while driving. So, made myself drink my protein shake.)

Protein shake
Water, 3 glasses

calories for snack: 100

LUNCH: (soooo hungry...it caught up to me. Craved rotisserie chicken, so got some)

2 rotisserie chicken breasts
3/4 cup white rice
1.5 cups lettuce
3 thick tomato slices
2 teaspoons EVOO with some salt on salad
1/3 cup peas & carrots
2 teeny tiny Seckel Pears (omigosh, so delicious)
Water -- 3 glasses

lunch calories:824

Total so far: 1182 (carbs 94, fat 26,  protein 134; water 10 glasses)

DINNER:

2 small boiled eggs made into egg salad with--
1 tbsp lite mayo, 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
On 1 slice double fiber whole grain bread
1/2 cup cucumber slices
35 red seedless grapes (so good, I'm going carb happy tonight!)
1 miniscule seckel pear
multivitamin, plus supplements with magnesium/calcium/Vitamin C
water, 2 glasses

dinner calories : 374

Total Calories for Day:   1556
Total Glasses of Water:   12

2 comments:

Ann (-50 lbs in -60 lb challenge) said...

I think the DDDY Challenge is great for enhancing awareness. Don't you?

I'm not weighing myself daily, but I noticed today that a shirt is hanging differently on me. I think I lost a little mroe from my waist, but the measuring tape will tell all next Monday. I find my diet hasn't changed since starting, but I am now aware of the calories I've been routinely ingesting. I ran a quick calculation, and I should be down 2-3 lbs on Monday ... unless I do something goofy. For this first week, I am not altering my diet on purpose. For the second week, I'm going to make adjustments and see how things change from what I have been doing (i.e., this week) versus what I COULD be doing (next week).

Losing It said...

I have no idea what a seckel pear is. How does it taste compared to a bartlett pear?

What does WS stand for with your pancakes. That's a low calorie breakfast to consist of pancakes and I'm interested.

Yummy day sounds like :)