Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tracking for Day 2 of the Double Dog Dare

Okay, so, first things first: The scale.   251.8  (Challenge weigh-in 252.4)

Some of the bloat is gone. Good.

This post is for tracking calories. My daily limit for the challenge is 1760.

I've been doing my own diet that incorporates lower-carb WonderSlim (a pseudo-Medifast type thing, only cheaper and with more non-soy alternatives) with my food. I have consciously cut back on the quantities of rice, bread, pasta, though I eliminate nothing (though I do try to minimize sugar). Since I belong to an organic co-op, I add my fruits and veggies to the convenience of higher-protein WS Frankenfoods.

Yeah, it's a bit schizo, but I don't like the idea of an only packaged diet and right now I'm too damn lazy to go back to my mostly home-cooked organic diet (which was very high in fruits and made me hungrier than the protein rejiggered foods, interestingly.) I kid you not. I was spending so many hours in the kitchen and shopping when I did that, that it was mentally exhausting. I need to sort of slowly work up to the "more natural cooked meals at home" thing, and I don't foresee that happening in the near future. I really hate to cook.

And critics can say what they like, but I do find that having higher-protein snacks and easing off on the bread/rice/regular pasta keeps me from becoming a binge-monster. I love bread and pasta. I could eat tons of the stuff and be an a snoozy fog of serotonin bliss. I miss my two daily slices of buttered toast and weekly pizza and thrice weekly pasta fest.  But I don't miss the pain of a stretched belly or feeling bad.  I really don't miss THAT.

So, that's where I am. I do try to get in my 5+ fruits and veggies (harder now that I've cut back some on fruit to keep appetite tamed). I do take supplements (generally multivitamin, magnesium, extra C, quercetin, enzymes, and sometimes calcium if I skimp on dairy). And now I'm drinking that water!

Breakfast:
WS hot cakes with sugar free syrup
fresh papaya with TrueLime crystals
coffee
bit of Smart Balance
Water (four glasses)

calories for breakfast:  318


Lunch:

Campbell's Healthy Request Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup
w/added organic chicken breast (Valley Fresh)
w/ added black beans (Eden Organic)
w/ added reduced fat cheddar (Andrew & Everett)
(I made the whole can of the soup with 1/4 cup of added black beans and a full can of added chicken white meat, divvied it in half, then ate the half with the cheese. Saved rest for later or tomorrow.)
water (three glasses)

lunch calories: 335


Snack:
coffee w/ sucralose
WonderSlim pudding
water (three glasses)

snack calories: 102

For day so far: 755 calories, 10 glasses water, 78 grams carbs, 18 grams fat, 54 grams protein 

Dinner:

3 cups organic raw spinach and 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 tbsp blue cheese crumbles with 2 tbsp blue cheese dressing
1 Aloha Mango protein drink (Bariwise)
2/3 of a gross frozen dinner: French Meadow Bakery Fragrant Curry Chicken (bleh)
Because the frozen dinner sucked: I made a half-sandwich with
Boar's Head Lower sodium ham (2 oz) and Swiss cheese (1 oz)
on Double Fiber Whole Wheat Bread (1 slice).
Unsweetened coconut water (1 cup)
Gummy Vit C , Magnesium, Multivitamin
Water (2 glasses)

dinner calories: 890

Total calories so far: 1646





Final edit:  I didn't have a late snack and stayed at 1646 calories and A FRICKEN RESERVOIR OF WATER! I spent a good part of the day in the toilet, weeing. I may have eroded part of my womanly bits. Maybe that will add to my week's weight loss--slimming by wearing away body parts?!

Second day of the dare on plan.

No comments: