Monday, October 11, 2010

SparkPeople Email Quote, The Quest for Change, Dancing with Celia on Columbus Day as Hispanic History Month Nears End--Just to To Get the Week Going!

It was in my inbox. I liked it. I"m gonna quote it:

Are you trying to stick to a fitness plan, improve a relationship, eliminate fast food from your diet, or be a better parent? Whatever your goal, was there a time when you thought you couldn't do it? This is a natural reaction when things get tough. It's easier to find ways to justify your actions than to get over the hurdle. This week, eliminate the hurdles and barriers you've created. If you find yourself saying, "I can't" or "I don't have time," then re-analyze your goal. If you really want to achieve it, then make the time or take a different approach (get up earlier, stay organized, learn the skills). Find time for you and your goals.

I have officially just loaded up my Kindle with tomes on change (both motivational and from neuroscience), dieting, and spiritual discipline (as I think addresses the spirit matters even in, perhaps especially in, issues of teh body).

I want to keep firmly focused on the assorted goals. I plan to set some specific goals for each month (beyond my 4 and a half pound loss per month goal, sure).

And yeah, looks like I do need to get up earlier. For a vampire like me, that means going to bed earlier. So...I bought some Melatonin supplements. Hey, worth a shot. Took one and hope to get to be sleepy and in bed before 4 am. :)

Today was a good eating day. I stayed under 1700 (very good for me, so don't snicker). My treats were sugar free. I got raw foods in (fruits and veggies). Got protein (chicken, whey, cheese, salami) Hubby made a mistake with my take-out order (I specifically said GARDEN SALAD WITH CHICKEN) and he got the rice bowl with chicken. I scooped out the veggies and chicken and what was likely less than half a cup of rice (hard to assess given it's all mixed up), left the rest of rice for him.

Today, Monday, is Pilates day. It's also Columbus Day (as celebrated, but the real Columbus Day is the 12th). And it's almost the end of Hispanic Heritage month. (I'm Hispanic. Celebrate me! Er, okay, don't hafta. Maybe just go dance to some kickass Celia Cruz tune. That's fun and burns calories. Here's one. I love singing, "quimbara quimbara kumba quimbamba"... That'll wake up your blood!)

Okay, so have a good Columbus Day (hope you're off and can enjoy a fall day). Maybe it's a day to try something new (new, New World, discoveries, see, get it?)

Yeah, wonder what? Maybe a fruit I've never eaten. Yeah, maybe!

Off to read before bed.

later...

3 comments:

Losing It said...

Under 1700 is a good calorie day for me too. Going to bed before midnight is over rated. So I say at least ;)

Jesus Living Daily said...

Nice inspirational note and I too, like you, am a night owl but at 51 the only thing that keeps me up to 4 in the morning is a rockin' party! Sleep is really important and you'll have to work hard to get you're body adjusted to a new schedule, try forcing yourself to get up very early for a few days to see how that works, good luck!

Angie said...

Ha, coincidentally today was day one of "operation get you butt out of bed earlier" for me. I was a zombie by 1 p.m., but made it. I got so much done. I am also a vampire by nature.