Monday, December 6, 2010

Power Foods on WW Points Plus AND The 242 Pound Pics compared to the 252 Pound Pics...at the Pilates Studio

So, I got my WW Points Plus kit today, and I'm scanning the Food Companion (FC from now on) book to see what's up.

The new FC has a little green triangle next to "Power Foods"--those satisfying, nutritious foods that WW encourages one to choose to consume. Examples, choosing random FC pages:

Antelope meat
Apples, fresh.
Beans (whole lotta them)
Bean curd skin (ugh)
Breadfruit
Buckwheat
Buffalo
Cheese--fat free
Chicken-white meat
Chickory
Corn
Egg White
Egg Whole, boiled
Edamame
Emu
Fennel
Fiddlefern
Fish (lotsa them, but not lox, salmon, sardines, canned in oil tuna, mackerel, etc)
Gobo (burdock)
Grapes
Hearts of Palm
Honeydew Melon
Jicama
Kimchee
Latte, fat free
Lentils, cooked
Liver beef, cooked (not chicken or turkey liver)
Loganberries
Malanga (mmm, love it boiled and mashed with EVOO)
Moose
Okra, but not breaded or fried
Pasta, whole wheat
Potatoes
Rice, brown and wild, not white
Salsa
Shellfish
Soursop (mmmm, love it in smoothies)
Taro
Tofu
Veal Loin, trimmed
Venison
Yam, cooked, not canned in syrup
Yogurt, fat free
Yucca--having some boiled yucca today. Great with garlic/EVOO or "mojo"
Zucchini

In the Dining Out Companion (DOC), here are some power foods at popular eateries:

Au Bon Pain:
oatmeal
toppings: ham, roasted red peppers, turkey breast
fruit cup

Burger King:
fresh apple fries (yep, that's it)

Chick-Fil-A:
fruit cup

Chipotle:
black beans
steak
pinto beans
fajita vegetables
corn salsa
tomato salsa
red tomatillo salsa
romaine lettuce

Church's Chicken:
collard greens
corn on the cob
whole jalapenos

McDonalds:
apple dippers
side salad
nonfat latte--iced or hot
nonfat cappucino

Taco Bell:
nothing (seriously? Hah!)

Other eateries also had ZIP power foods listed. Hm.

So, have some power foods today, yes? :)

On to the body shots. I'm wearing a smaller size, but looser clothes (ie, cheaper fabric that isn't as "containing" and my bra in the second shot is looser, less supportive, so more droop. Sigh.) See if you can tell there's been a 10 pound difference even so:




I see it mostly in the front-facing pics. I see it in my mirror, too---in the hips. You can tell the bump on the high part is much smaller. I have a smoother, more curved rather than BUMPY look there. The side pics, you see where I've lost upper back fat and the upper abdomen, that's where it's most noticeable. The stomach is stubborn to go, but I note a lessenign there, too. The belly's gonna have to surrender. I will win eventually! Little by little!

Next pics at 232-ish.

7 comments:

Ann (-50 lbs in -60 lb challenge) said...

I think there has been some change. It is harder to see readily, because the clothing change, but look at your photos again. Your bum has lifted, and the twins look perkier. The hips have gone down a little too, as your arms are hanging differently, as they rest by your side.

Well done!!

I'll update my photo when I hit (or get close to) 247 lbs. Maybe later this month?!!

Kimberly said...

I can totally tell you are thinner in the new pics - the front ones are the most revealing.

And the WW plan sounds like it is on track with what I have figured out - you have to eat better food to lose weight faster. The fast food power points is very telling.

WWSuzi said...

Your looking great! I definitely notice a difference. Keep up the good work.

Anne H said...

Yep - you look great!
Antelope?
Yummmmy!

Beth said...

I can tell the difference, especially in the front shot in your hips! Also, have you noticed it in your face, your face looks slimmer to me. So exciting!!!! Yay!

And yeah...bean curd skin! Blegh. Just going to have to try to buy some fiddlefern. If for no other reason that to get to say it over and over.

Anonymous said...

wow, I reviewed your weigh in stats- very inspirational. Keep up the great work.

Charlene said...

WW PointsPlus totally works! I have been doing WW Online for 8 weeks now and I am loving it... not feeling deprived at all. We had delicious homemade red beans and brown rice last night... both power foods. I find when I eat from that power foods list, I can eat smaller amounts without getting hungry between meals.

I have lost at least 1 pound every week for the 8 weeks... some weeks as much as 3 pounds... for a total of 25 lbs. gone for good.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have and I look forward to reading your posts about it.