Monday, March 5, 2012

Do not miss these encores of the Paleo Summit for great info if you have 1. cholesterol issues and/or 2. gluten or autoimmune issues

Okay! So happy there's an encore, as I was busy the day Chris's interview was up and I missed it! These encores may only be up for a matter of hours, so go listen. Go, now!

So, why am I so eager to hear Chris? Well, I've got high LDL. I am also not euthyroid, and my thyroid going bonkers is probably part of this problem. We'll see once I'm euthyroid.

A lot of folks doing Primal, Paleo, low-carb, or high fat diets like to dismiss high cholesterol (like high LDL, which is not so rare on this type of eating),  because HDL and Triglycerides tend to become amazing eating this way. For this reason, it's good to hear what Chris has to say.

Chris Kresser on cholesterol
description:
The cholesterol hypothesis has its staunch proponents as well as its skeptics. So who’s right? Chris presents the latest research demonstrating why elevated cholesterol scores should not be dismissed by the skeptics. He also explains why a high cholesterol score is not always cause for a prescription.
Presentation Correction: The ideal total cholesterol:HDL ratio should be between 3 – 4. A ratio of 2 would be too low. (Submitted by Chris Kresser)

I plugged Dr. Tom O'Bryan's interview on gluten last week. I'm plugging it again. Very much worth listening to.
Description:
The most basic Paleo Diet recommendation is the removal of gluten. But did you know that gluten sensitivity goes well beyond the digestive tract? Dr. O’Bryan reveals the latest research on how gluten consumption may lead to autoimmune disease, osteoporosis, and muscle pain without digestive symptoms.

3 comments:

El said...

you look amazing. this is the first time that i visited your blog. incredible. i really really needed this today. it IS possible!

Anne H said...

My CrossFit gym put this up.... I love it all so far! I only wish I could go to Austin... what... next week or so?
Bah - maybe next year!

Jane Cartelli said...

This comment is off topic. Feel free to delete after reading dear Princess -

A few posts ago on my blog you mentioned a blogger I had given up on. I just wanted you to know I didn't give up on her. I backed off, stopped reading every day but I still prayed for her and occasionally reached out with a comment. She in turn contacted me to talk. I still support her but I do it off the radar more than on. I really do believe that together we get better.

Hugs!