Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Official Goals Post for SLIMMER THIS SUMMER Challenge

The challenge begins tomorrow, June 6th. Today, I have my measurements and goals post from which I will track my progress. I have a swollen eye (nearly shut, allergies and irritation from a combo of things, so hope the post doesn't look lopsided, heh).

My goals:


Lose 18 pounds minimum. I'll take any lagniappe.

Exercise 5 days a week, two with strength training. Try at least two new ways to exercise this summer other than Pilates and walking (my mainstays).

I want to be able to do 4 regular push-ups by challenge-end. I've never, ever, ever, even when young and slim and active, been able to do regular push-ups. It's one of the banes of my exercise life. :O It's partly a combo of very weak and fragile wrists (sheesh), week upper body strength,  and holding a lot of my weight in the upper body (just look at my swimsuit pics for proof). So, I'm gonna work on that all summer. One day, I'd like to be a push-ups GODDESS like Yum Yucky

Drink 14 glasses of fluid minimum. More on high exercise days.

Stay within 1200 to 1400 calorie. Know I'm calorically correct by tracking my food on Sparkpeople or a notebook or an email or whatever. But track everything ingested and tally calories.

Get my waist at or under 35 inches. I have no idea if this is doable with just 18 pounds, as I'm an appley girl and my waist/belly fat is the most stubborn; but I have my eye on it. Might as well set it down as a goal.

Pray daily for the success of the Slimmer this Summer Challengers.

Encourage some challengers daily. ( I can't encourage you all daily, sorry, too many of you!)



Here are the things the StS Challenge requires of all of us involved. That means me:

**Track food and water
**Keep calories around 1200-1400 a day/10K or less per week
**Stay hydrated.
**Weigh in weekly.
**Stick to your exercise goals
**DO NOT QUIT.
**Keep blogging.
**Encourage others.

If you can't do these things, this challenge isn't for you.

If you can, go here to read about it and, if you wish, join up. This begins tomorrow, so you have time. You'll need to make your official goals post TODAY.

If you're in the challenge and haven't done your goal post. TODAY IS THE DAY, People! Do it! Make your list of goals, then yabber on about anything else you want, get going. Post it!

Okay, so my starting measurements:

Waist: 37 in
Weight: 195.0 lbs

Yeah, that's higher than yesterday pre-restaurant. I always bloat from rest food and its saltiness. Small bloat, though. :)

Since we were supposed to take a pic anyway for end of Phase 5, here it is as my START photo for StS:




I got on twice and got the same number, so there it is. Starting weight.

I wonder how much a Canon digital camera weighs? ; )

A new challenge begins. And though I'm bug-bite and heat-rash itchy, swollen-eyed, and restaurant wee-bloated, I'm ready to tackle the last 35 pounds to goal weight.

Die, fat, die!!!

And for those who feel daunted by the prospect of having to lose a whole lotta poundage, you aren't alone. We're all struggling and fighting the fight. We can make it. And we can make it with joy!

Well, I certainly want to do it with joy. And I have help-- you supporters/fellow challengers, my kind bloggy readers/commenters, hubby, family...and Him. Definitely not alone in the journey.

Here is one of my fave Twila Paris tunes, bluegrassy and fun and, yes, joyful. I'm gonna go sing it now to get myself going. EnJOY: Joy of the Lord by Twila Paris~~

The joy of the Lord
will be my strength.
I will not falter;
I will not faint...

Be well...and full of joy..

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful goals!!! This is such a great post! I do hope you are less swollen and less bloated soon. Bless your heart! You are worth it! Good luck in the challenge!

We can do this together!!

Cheap Thrills in Omaha said...

I'm amazed at your thorough post...and your bravery. With that kind of determination, you should reach your goals easily. I'll also be coming to your site for a new word each week: lagniappe. :)

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Great goals, Princess. I can see that you will be successful in the challenge. You have done so great during the last challenge. I will be following along with all of you but not joining in as my journey isn't so much about loss anymore. I just need to get myself in better shape and firm up some of the flab. You are remarkably inspirational in your exercise efforts. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to be sure to do SOMETHING in the way of exercise and try to get over this couch potato phase.

I wish you the best, Princess.

Mercy said...

LOL let me know if you find out how much a digital camera weighs and I will subtract from my initial weigh in :)

Great goals, I look forward to reading more of your journey.

Anonymous said...

I'm following your link through Debi's challenge. Great goals! I look forward to getting to know you better and celebrating your success!

downsizers said...

I have been reading your encouragement on the blogs of the other Challengers. You certainly have a knack for saying the right things to others to support their efforts. I know you can be just as successful as you inspire others to be.

Anonymous said...

Yes!! You can do those pushups. Start with knee pushups, then move to regular ones. For the regular ones,don't hold your feet tight together, hold them about shoulder width apart. For some reason, it seems to help balance the abundance of the upper torso. That's how I do regular pushups.

Praying for the other Challengers - Amen!! I'll throw my prayers to heaven, too!

Colie's Kitchen said...

Look at you!! You look amazing!! Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen! I am doing the Summer Slim Down Challenge also and saw your blog posted on Debbi does dieting. I wanted to drop by and say hi. I am your newest follower! Good luck with week one!! I would love to have you drop by www.colieskitchen.com

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I love your goals. Can't wait to see how we all do. Good luck! :)

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Die, fat, Die! Great motto! I would love to see you be the push up princess! Keep up with those arms!

What the heck is lagniappe? :-)

Denise said...

Hi Princess, thanks for the lovely comments :-) I often get told I don't need to lose weight, but I'm used to being skinny I guess, and this past year or so I've gained over 10lb or so and lost some. I'm nearly 48 and I don't want to ignore the pounds creeping on, then at 50 wonder how I got to be 50lb overweight !!! They always sit around my middle too and my pants feel tight, so I want those extra pounds off. Here's wishing you good luck with your goals too.

Julie said...

Good luck Mir, I know you can do this. I am thinking I'm going to give the push ups a try tomorrow. Just to see what I'm able to do. I was up to 12 real ones.
Take care and I think I'll take your advice and move the picture to the sidebar. I do love the sucess so far.
Have a blessed week.

Brightcetera said...

I had to google 'lagniappe'. I never knew ... thanks for the new word!

When I take a picture of my weight, I make sure the number has registered and then pick up my camera to take the photo. You were probably 194ish, I bet.

I'm rooting for you all the way, Princess! It's going to be exciting to see how far you go this summer.
Woot! Woot!

Anonymous said...

Here we go baby all summer long. I am sending you the The adorable blog award. Except I cant seem to copy and send. Please see my blog for the award. Luv ya Girl! Gracie
http://graciestoughjourney.blogspot.com/

Empty Nester said...

That's me- someone who needs to lose a lot of poundage! I lost 83 and gained it all back-NOT this time! I am determined! Good luck!

Brandi. said...

Great goals! Together, we can do this. :)
I love Pilates, BTW, but I never do it... Go figure. :)

Jessica said...

Awesome goals! I need to do something like this too. I am horrible at tracking calories though and only have computer access maybe 3 or 4 days out of the week, so it makes it hard to track things through sparkpeople. I also don't have my own scale, I use a friends. Grrr.

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best. Thanks for your encouragement. Have you tried a push up while lying on top of a big balance ball? That's how my trainer has me doing them. Sit ups that way, too, lying on my back.

Jade Angel said...

Thank you for all the great comments and encouragment!! Great goals and I know we are going to have a great summer :)

Michele said...

Glad to see you are in this challenge, too. Your goals sound realistic. Love the fact that you included push ups. We will all support each other as we work hard to get healthier and fit. Together we can do this. Best of luck to you. Michele at http://ruminationsasiuncoverthewomanwithin.blogspot.com/

Shane G. said...

Glad to be in the challenge. I love that you incorporate spirituality with this post and in your journey to health. I look forward to a great summer cheering each other on and sharing in both the successes and the set backs in this challenge!!

Lizzie said...

4 regular pushups? That would be so awesome! Maybe I should add *attempting* one pushup every day? Hmmm...

I'm so impressed with everything you've accomplished! Glad to be starting STS.

Anonymous said...

Ah, another pilates gal ! Great set of goals, can't wait to see you accomplish them all !!