Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 54 of Phase 5: My Body is April Fooling! Or I'm in Another Stupid &^%$*# Stall...So I Focus on Destressing and Flowers...

Tanita-san: 215.6

What???????????????????? Let me roll my eyes....okay, done. On we go...

That is NOT good. It's frustrating. And...I refuse to have a tantrum.

Serenity Now. All is calm. All is bright.

There. Better.

Will not theorize or wrack brain, though my first though is inflammation (my rash is worse, my allergies are worse, my asthma is worse, and I've upped my steroid use). It's definitely a stall. It happens. Has happened a few times on this diet journey.

Hate em. Patience is not my greatest virtue, so I guess it needs to be tested from time to time.

I will be doing some calming meditation today, cause that helps me deal with the itchies and congestion. I don't wanna be scratching the flesh off my arms and chest, so I just do little snatches of calming meditation and destress and cream myself frequently. This will pass. All of this will pass. (Damn you, springtime!)

On the plus time, my garden is a-bloom. It's an explosion of yellows, purples, pinks, reds, peaches, and white. The white contribution (I love white blossoms, not as much as yellow and red, but love em) is from one of our smaller bougainvillea and from our old, much-assailed by storms and time gardenia bush/tree. When the gardenias are in bloom, I think a lot about my mom. It was her fave of my garden. I'd pluck flowers to bring to her on my visits. She'd tuck them in her cleavage. I hope she can see them from Heaven.

My dad liked white flowers best. So, I think about him, too.

I don't do well with the air full of allergens, but the sight of flowers sure soothes my soul.

Off to have my breakfast and do some work... will come back later, maybe upload pics of my flowers..

Serenity now..................................

I wish pollen made you lose weight. Now that would make the congestion and phlegm worthwhile.

6 comments:

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Feel better soon, Princess. I'm sure the steroids are affecting your weight. I always hated doing steroid. The raise your blood sugar too.

Candy kankles said...

We both stalled at the same spot lol I wish us both out of it quick! feel betters!

Anonymous said...

Ack! I feel your pain. I'm thinking about making some sort of beaded fancy holder thingy for my inhaler so I can just wear it around my neck.

Feel better soon.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Scales stink. It will all work out. Mine was looking good at the beginning of the week and then turned on me. No reason, just turned. Keep doing what you're doing! It will all work out!

Julie said...

I hope your alergies get better. Spring is a hard time for so many but it's a great season for rebirth so we'll live and move on. I hope you get some reprieve soon with your medicine.
The scale will move again, it's only stops to test our patience. Keep up the great work. Take care and God Bless!!

Food Freak said...

PD, I've missed your blog, only to come here to find you HAD posted and I just didn't know. What on earth was wrong with me that day?? Anyway, I'm so glad to see you!

Gee, that's lousy you're so sick, and will be for the rest of allergy season. Ugh. And it's a shame that plants of such beauty cause your suffering. *sigh* I'm glad you still enjoy them, though. I adore gardenias. When I moved here only to find out how lush and covered with fragrance they are well, I about keeled over. The work I did back east to try to get them to grow indoors was hard. Here, they're like weeds.

Your steroids are causing you to keep weight on. You'll start losing it again as soon as you get off them. Grrr...there are so many drugs that do that. How many cause weight loss, I want to know? Ha!That "ha" isn't a laughing, funny ha. It's a p.o.'d ha.

Much luck to you.