Thursday, April 5, 2012

Quikie E2E Final Midweek Update

Yesterday: 178.8
Today: 179.2

I've been icky feeling since Monday. I ate some take-out beef, and it totally did not agree with me. This is a weird sensation. It's not food poisoning in the regular sense--the fierce diarrhea and nausea and even puking, like I've had a couple times in my life.

This has been a lower level, "I don't feel well" thing, with queasiness, intestinal rumbliness without the runs, and light ache if I press my abdomen. The ache was worst Monday night and Tuesday, a real ouchie. Now, it's just annoying. It's better today, but I'm still not "normal". I have this weird "off" feeling. The persistent queasiness makes me annoyed. Just goes to show how important bowel health is.

I haven't exercised since Monday, so haven't completed the RfS exercise mini-goal. I cancelled Pilates for today. I hope this icky feeling passes by the weekend, as my family plans to do an out-at-the-park thing for Easter. I'd like to feel chipper, get my vigor back, and be able to destress with play-exercise. It's also really hard to get the scale to move sans exercise....

For now, I'm just kinda taking it easy and hating the "off" feeling.

I am eating fine--simpler food prepared at home.

I have been reading spiritual stuff for Holy Week, so no challenge reading, other than the online obesity articles I do tend to keep on top of.

So, doing "meh" due to some foodborne buggie. The stress factor is still high, and that makes the anxiety sort of burbe up (especially without my exercise destressor). More meditation and prayer, I guess, is in order. :D

Happy holy week to all. See you for the final E2E update (prolly Saturday, maybe Sunday.)

"The ability to discipline yourself to delay gratification in the short term in order to enjoy greater rewards in the long term is the indispensable prerequisite for success." 
~~Maxwell Maltz 

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
~~Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

7 comments:

Casey said...

Hope you're feeling better by now. Eating simple meals at home is the best anyway, right?! And lots of water!
Looking forward to everyone's last weigh-in.
Be well and God bless

Yum Yucky said...

I hope you're feeling better, pronto! And thank you for Jeremiah 29:11. Wonderful Word for today.

Julie said...

I hope you're feeling better Mir. While driving truck we got that "icky" feeling often from all the off foods we ended up with. So my sympathies to you.
Take care and have a blessed afternoon!

Jo said...

Oh, Mir, so sorry the beef didn't agree with you. Just try to get it out of your system. Water, water, water. You don't deserve more stress right now.

I don't want our challenge to end, but hope we can all still support each other. And I think most of us will. I'm looking forward to the final reports. You have some shining stars among us.

Nanette N. said...

I'm sorry you're feeling a bit under the weather. I hope that you feel better soon.

Thanks so much for hosting these challenges; CDCC and E2E. You've helped me out so much. :)

Karla said...

Thats how I was feeling Monday. Feel better ((((hugs)))))

Karen Butler Ogle said...

I feel ill most of the time these days due to my bad choices. You would think it would work like behavior modification and teach me to leave those bad foods alone but so far my psychological hunger is winning out over the physical discomfort. Hang in there, Princess and I hope you feel better soon.