Saturday, November 5, 2011

CDCC Update #8: One Pound Down in a Nearly No Exercise Week...

Tanita-san: 178.2

Well, that's a pound from the last update. I'm sure had I been able to exercise, it would have been more. Aside from a bit of stretching and some balance work for my knee, I rested. My ankle and knee are very troublesome right now, and my intuition said, let it be.

It's hard not exercising. I want to go walk. I want to get up and dance. I want to move. But sometimes, healing says, let it be. Be still.

I did make the conscious effort to burn more calories by keeping up movement when sitting. I'd set the timer and ever 45 minutes, I'd start doing something that took abdominal or upper body work. I also would march in place a bit in front of the tv or while doing dishes. Anything to just burn a bit more since I wasn't doing my walks or Pilates this week.

So, I'm being still...sorta. ; )

Calories have been 1400 to 1500, varying.
Fluids: fine
Mood: good
Rest: good
Support: I've posted on several CDCC blogs.
Book: Been reading THE SMARTER SCIENCE OF SLIM, taking notes on researchers and studies as I go, so it's slow going.

I will say that being further down into the 170s is very cheering.

I did lose some tatas. Went and bought 38DDDs, and they fit. Oh, well. :P

To the Challengers: The link is up. Don't wait until the very last minute. Go update.

Be good to yourself with wholesome food, adequate rest, healthful movement, positive thoughts, hopeful prayers, and loving support. Don't give up. Do good things for your body, mind, and spirit, and good results will eventually, in time, come. I believe this, so I am merciful and kind to my body, and keep the hope that continued positive changes will be achieved. Even if very slowly. As long as it's good, it's good. :D

Believe in yourself. Be good to yourself.

Persist...and be well.

Happy weekend, folks.

11 comments:

Betty W said...

I´m loving seeing you in the 170´s. I´m rooting for you and hope your foot/leg will be better soon.

Becki said...

Nice post. Glad you did well even though you were damanged.

lv2 said...

Hope that your leg and foot get better soon....yah that you're going down.

Sarah said...

Great post so happy for you!

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Sorry you aren't able to exercise right now. I hope the knee and ankle are better soon. I ran into the footboard at the end of the bed last night and have a sore knee today. Hope to get some hiking in anyway.

Unknown said...

Excellent and very motivating that you continue to find ways to burn those calories while letting the troubled areas rest. More often than not if I have a troubled area then that's my out for exercising at all.... NO MORE I TELL YA, NO MORE!! You definitely are an inspiration and I'm so excited for you that the scale is once again moving in the right direction:-)

Nanette N. said...

i always look forward to your posts... They're sometimes just what I need to kick me out of complacency.

w0rld4vamps said...

Thank you for keeping up the motivation. It gets tricky when you don't see results for a while and yet I'm sure that continuing is ALWAYS the way to go. You're a rock star!

Ak said...

What an uplifting and positive post. :) Thanks for that! Great job on the pound lost!

Bluezy said...

I bet your >how much weight lost so far ticker< feels good to see beyond 140 now! 2012 is gonna be the year of not obese for you! That countdown to twelve midnight...I will be thinking of all the bloggies that will be living lighter and healthier and especially you, dear Princess!

Beth said...

Sorry to hear that your ankle and knee are wonky, I'm having some knee troubles myself -it's the first time I've ever had any problems like that (with bodily parts other than my back, I mean) and it really sucks, eh?

And, I'm so JEALOUS! Wish I weighed 178!!!!!! Oh well, at least one of us is in onderland, lol.