Saturday, July 21, 2012

9 Pounds From Goal Weight... :O Wish I could be happier about it...

Today, Tanita-San said this: 169.8

I was shocked. I've longed to weigh less than hubby, which has been NOT the state of things for the majority of our marriage. But today, I was .8 lbs more than his weigh-in o f 169.0 on the same scale.

 4 pounds less than a week ago. FOUR.

Wow.

Anxiety/stress, just freaking in this bleak job market with NO income coming in right now, has pretty much put the kibbosh on my appetite.

I have NOT been exercising. At all.

I have had disturbed sleep.

And I've been trying to help hubby with his job search.

All that while watching pennies, continuing to plot/write, and strategizing how to become employable. Trust me, even with two degrees, when a person is out of the job market for 22 years, employability is near nil. Plus being over 50 brings a new discrimination factor.

It's tough in our household these days. And I pray and pray to calm my freakout.

Well, that's the update. Prayers continue to be much appreciated.

Please, be well...better than me. Cause this is NOT the way to lose weight.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Mir.

Please message me info about your husband's profession in case I hear of something.

Debsdailylife said...

Prayers!!!!

Anonymous said...

I so understand the 2 degrees/over 50/employability factor.

I know they've just been lining up to hire this half-blind, 60 year old licensed social worker with 2 Master's degrees. Just lining up, I tell you!

Especially when the just graduated LSWs are out there. You know, the ones who can be trained how to do the job the employer's way, not knowing it is unethical and will gladly take peanuts because it's their first job kind of LSWs.

Sigh. Sadly, I'd also take peanuts, but no one would believe me. And I come with the baggage of much experience (that used to be a good thing) and a disability.

Yeah. I get the employability thing.

Of course, your weight loss does show that when you don't eat---you DI lose weight. Theories that one must eat to lose seem to be what has lost. I rather liked those theories...

Been praying for you.

Deb

downsizers said...

How about substitute teaching? Our school was always looking for substitutes. Both of you could do that until things get better. Don't let the horror stories of adolescents scare you - there are lots of good kids out there. We only hear about the bad ones. In Indiana you can sub teach with 2 years of college. Hang in there.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I hope everything works out for you soon!

Betty W said...

Will be praying!

Dani said...

I'm thinking of you in these tough times - You have ALLOT of followers on your blog... Have you ever considered taking on Sponsors as a way to earn money?? Many crafting/design blogs do it when they build a following and it seems to work nicely for them. Just a suggestion!
xoxoxo
Hang in there
Dani
www.thatfitnesschic.blogspot.com

Bluezy said...

You should solicit a bunch of phatties for phat pilate classes. See if you convince those Grecian trainers that there IS a market and want for that. Just thinking. Personal trainer...seriously. You have two degrees, but you also have this success story. Market it. Seriously, babe.

Tessie said...

Can you generate income from your blog? Prayers for you. :)

Lolly said...

I just found your blog and love it. I was looking for inspirational weight loss blogs and yours is definitely inspirational.

I started my own blog about a week ago to document my journey to losing at LEAST 150 pounds and gaining self-acceptance.

And finally, as a 47 year old who lost her job in March, I TOTALLY understand the frustration and fear and stress involved. I have never been without a job so this is new territory for me - I am 47, overweight, and have a disability (I use a forearm crutch for my osteoarthritis in knees and feet) - all of those are hard to get past in the job search. But I have to believe there are brighter days ahead and for sure losing the weight and getting healthy can do nothing but help me.

Nice to *meet* you.

~Lolly