Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Quick Check-in ...and Yet Again a New Low...

Haven't updated since last Monday. Stuff is still stressful, so I'm spending a lot of time in prayer, reading, decluttering, and just being a supportive Mrs. :)

On the scale: 176.0

That's what it said this AM. This past weekend, for the weigh-in, I was 176.2.

Last year around this time I was about 12 lbs heavier. At New Year's, I was 183. So, the bulk of my 123 lbs loss was NOT in the last year.

It's been tough, this last handful of pounds. Hence my decision to work on MAINTAINING, not radical loss. A part of me still wishes to see 160 lbs, but my focus is on not GAINING. The stress had helped me move to a new milestone, so close to that initial "would be happy weight"that  I posted on my old blog:175 lbs.

I would have been happier to see that low in a less stressful time, but it was cheering, all the same. I do worry I'm losing muscle, as exercise has been spotty and "less than". One of my goals for the coming week is to make and stick to a workout schedule and maintain lean mass.

Right now, I feel like the writing must come first. It wasn't until yesterday that I felt the words really come more smoothly and more "like me". :D  I haven't made much progress in actual number of words. Lots of what I wrote, I deleted the next day. Not right. Not right. Too generic. Not "me".

The work has been the labor of oiling up the machine, of once again feeling comfortable THINKING creatively. My head in the story. That's not easy when it's been a long hiatus.  The first step. And I saw the result last night. I started to write with more individuality and color and zip. I'll get there.

So, no regain. New progress. Bit by bit. But lots of stress and laying it at God's feet as best I can. Prayers always welcome.

Take care, keep at it, don't give up, be well....

3 comments:

safire said...

Good luck with your goals and getting through the rest of the week!

Jo said...

Mir, I'm so sorry for the continuing stress. I know it's not good for your body, and it's a difficult way to lose weight, although it seems easy to watch the pounds drift away. That way of losing is so easy to regain, so be careful, as I know you are. Just try to keep your health and some degree of exercise habit.

It's great to hear that your head is in the writing. I am the farthest thing from a writer, but I admire that it takes talent and concentration, along with patience and imagination.

Of course I am sending prayers. All the best.

PlumPetals said...

Hope you find some peace of mind to keep you focused on all your goals!